1. In my world Star Trek>Star Wars. I don’t care about your argument. I like what I like.
2. I unapologetically enjoy The Big Bang Theory, Anne Hathaway, the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice, fake sugar (chemicals be damned), Ke$ha songs, sitcoms from the 90’s (Why isn’t Mad About You Season 6 available yet?!) and the underpopped pieces of popcorn.
3. Though I want children, the thought of making my parents grandparents is terrifying because my brain equates grandparents as People Who Will Die and I’m not ready for that to be a reality.
4. I don’t really like music. I buy one or two cd’s a year. Yes, I still prefer to buy cds. I typically only listen to music in the car. Usually it’s the radio or Ani Difranco.
5. I hate when men tell me to smile, but I love when the security guards greet me with “Good morning, beautiful/sweetheart/darlin’!”
6. I kinda want a juicer, but I think that’s because I want to be the kind of person who would use a juicer, not because I actually want to drink a lot of juice. This basic premise is the refrain to my life.
7. I have to trick myself into making phone calls. Weird ones, like making an appointment or calling a relative. Most of the time I have to write myself a script and give myself a deadline before I can ever bring myself to dial.
8. I’ve been married almost three years and I’m still remarkably selfish in many ways. This past weekend my husband had a cold and I couldn’t stop myself from being grumpy about his illness keeping us from doing anything fun on those unplanned beautiful days.
9. I like to swim laps at the gym once in a while, but I can only do it if someone else is in the pool. Otherwise I start to imagine sharks or whales swimming behind me and freak myself out to the point where I have to get out.
10. I’ve been reading a lot of long distance hiking memoirs recently and I’ve been completely taken with the idea of doing a long hike one day. Then I went for a chilly walk with the dog this weekend and I realized that my intense desire to be comfortable will probably not jibe with a grueling all-weather trek across the wilderness. See also: the reason why “Give Me All The Drugs, Do You Still Do Twilight Births In This Establishment? I Want That, Please!” will probably be my birth plan one day.
*This post idea stolen shamelessly from my blog big sister, Brandy